Welcome to Ottawa's Swing Dance School!
Learn to swing dance in Ottawa - no partner required! Whether you're a complete beginner to swing, or already enjoy Lindy Hop, West Coast Swing, Blues, Balboa and other swing dances, you've found the right place!
- Zero to Hero West Coast Swing February 28th, 2015— Beginner West Coast Swing Workshop [Info]
- Saturday Night Swing February 28th, 2015— Four lessons, two rooms, dancing all night! [Info]
- NAC Swing Kids Audition March 1st, 2015— Swing dance performance program [Info]
- NAC Swing Kids Audition March 2nd, 2015— Swing dance performance program [Info]
Beginner Swing Dance Lessons!
Check out our beginner swing dance classes starting soon! You can also see all of these dance classes on our class and event calendar!
West Coast Swing I — Beginner WCS!For beginners, no partner required! West Coast Swing is a modern swing dance that ranges from smooth and sultry to dynamic and exciting. It's danced to contemporary music that you might hear on the radio, including styles ranging from blues to top 40 hits. Check out some West Coast Swing videos. Pre-requisite: None! Beginners welcome! $130 for 6 weeks, or $90 for students & seniors.
- 6 weeks, starting Thursday, March 19th, from 7:30pm-9:00pm Sign Up!
- 6 weeks, starting Monday, March 30th, from 6:30pm-8:00pm Sign Up!
Swing I — Beginner Lindy Hop!For complete beginners--no partner required! Swing I covers Lindy Hop, the original swing dance you've seen in movies, still danced around the world. We'll take you from zero to having fun on the dance floor in no time! $130 for 6 weeks, or $90 for students & seniors.
- 6 weeks, starting Thursday, March 19th, from 6:00pm-7:30pm Sign Up!
- 6 weeks, starting Friday, March 27th, from 7:30pm-9:00pm Sign Up!
Intermediate/Advanced Swing Dance Classes!
West Coast Swing IINow that you've completed WCS I, you'll get to learn some new moves and gain a deeper appreciation for the subtlety of this addictive dance! $130 for 6 weeks, or $90 for students & seniors.
- 6 weeks, starting Monday, March 2nd, from 8:00pm-9:30pm Sign Up!
West Coast Swing III — Music and Movement!Building on the foundations of WCS I and II, you'll now get to refine the style and movement behind the moves, learn new pattern variations on the moves you alredy know, and start exploring how to understand the music better! $130 for 6 weeks, or $90 for students & seniors.
- 6 weeks, starting Monday, April 13th, from 8:00pm-9:30pm Sign Up!
West Coast Swing IV: Competition Ready Technique — Dance your basics like a champion!WCS IV is offered as different 4-week courses focusing on different intermediate+ topics in West Coast Swing. This class focuses on the most important elements of WCS dancing for winning competitions at the Newcomer and Novice level (and to progress to higher levels of dancing) as well as important tips on competitive WCS dancing. Most of the work will focus on the body positions, movement, footwork and connection through basics, but we'll also look at how to keep the same good technique in some more advanced moves, and some of the things you should never do, or always do, if you chose to compete. Pre-requisite: WCS III. You'll need to be comfortable with the material from WCS I/II/III which this class will draw on, from basic moves such as whips and passes, to extensions to basic patterns, repeaters and adding extra turns. Your technique doesn't need to be perfect, though: this class will help you with that! $90 for 4 weeks, or $60 for students & seniors.
- 4 weeks, starting Thursday, March 5th, from 7:30pm-9:00pm Sign Up!
Swing II — Lindy Hop and Charleston!If you've completed Swing I, or already have a lot of swing dancing experience (eg. Lindy Hop/ECS, and Charleston), then this is for you! We'll learn some cool moves to do on fast music, and some ways to look and feel great with the slow music! $130 for 6 weeks, or $90 for students & seniors.
- 6 weeks, starting Tuesday, February 24th, from 8:00pm-9:30pm Sign Up!
- 6 weeks, starting Wednesday, February 25th, from 7:00pm-8:30pm Sign Up!
Swing IIIIf you've completed Swing II, it's time to really dig deep into Lindy Hop and Charleston, with new moves and a focus on partner connection! $130 for 6 weeks, or $90 for students & seniors.
- 6 weeks, starting Friday, February 27th, from 6:00pm-7:30pm Sign Up!
Swing 4: Charleston — Intermediate/Advanced Charleston!If you've ever watched some of the top Lindy Hoppers doing crazy Charleston variations and thought, "Wow, I wish I could do stuff like that!" then this is the class for you. This six-week intensive is for dancers who love Charleston and want more of it! We'll sharpen your technique and build on the Charleston you learned in Swing II and III to work on new Charleston moves and cool transitions for some of the coolest lead/follow social dancing moves you can do! Charleston moves are often the coolest part of Lindy Hop, and this class will show you how! Pre-req: Recommend Swing III or equivalent and comfort with Charleston. $90 for 4 weeks, or $60 for students & seniors.
- 4 weeks, starting Tuesday, March 3rd, from 6:30pm-8:00pm Sign Up!
Jam Crew (By Audition Only)For advanced Lindy Hoppers, Jam Crew isn't a class but rather a special kind of team that combines advanced level training with the opportunity to create, work on your improvisation skills, and even choreograph parts of group jam-style routines. Jam Crew is intended as a combined training intensive and playground for advanced level Lindy Hoppers who have solid dance technique and want to progress further in a group of dancers at a similar level! Pre-requisite: Solid technique, familiarity with all of the content of Swing I/II/III, and social dancing 1-2 times a week. Recommend at least 6 months of Swing IV/V series and/or the Intermediate/Advanced Lindy Hop class. Next audition: To be announced. Please contact us if you're interested.
- Team practices are Wednesdays from 8:30pm-10:10pm. Audition!
- Membership in Jam Crew is $100/month. (Save $20 if you pay before the 1st of the month.) Auditions are just $15!
Request your dream class
Don't see the class you want? Fill out the form below and maybe you'll get your wish!