Welcome to Ottawa's Swing Dance School!
Learn to swing dance in Ottawa - no partner required! Whether you're a complete beginner to swing, or already enjoy Lindy Hop, West Coast Swing, Blues, Balboa and other swing dances, you've found the right place!
Beginner Swing Dance Lessons!
Check out our beginner swing dance classes starting soon! You can also see all of these dance classes on our class and event calendar!
West Coast Swing I — Beginner WCS!For beginners, no partner required! West Coast Swing is a modern swing dance that ranges from smooth and sultry to dynamic and exciting. It's danced to contemporary music that you might hear on the radio, including styles ranging from blues to top 40 hits. Check out some West Coast Swing videos. Pre-requisite: None! Beginners welcome! $130 for 6 weeks, or $90 for students & seniors.
- Spaces available now for men/leaders and couples only! Women who sign up as followers will be added to the waiting list. We recommend ladies sign up for another session instead. 6 weeks, starting Monday, January 19th, from 8:00pm-9:30pm Sign Up!
- Spaces available now for men/leaders and couples only! Women who sign up as followers will be added to the waiting list. We recommend ladies sign up for another session instead. 6 weeks, starting Thursday, January 22nd, from 6:00pm-7:30pm Sign Up!
Intermediate/Advanced Swing Dance Classes!
West Coast Swing IV TBA — Next topic to be announcedWCS IV is offered as different 4-week courses focusing on different intermediate+ topics in West Coast Swing. Next Topic: To be announced. Pre-requisite: WCS III. You're expected to be comfortable with all of the basic moves of WCS, such as whips, sugar pushes, side passes. but these things don't need to be perfect. You'll also need to be comfortable with the material from WCS I/II/III which this class will draw on, such as extensions to basic patterns, repeaters and adding extra turns. $90 for 4 weeks, or $60 for students & seniors.
- 4 weeks, starting Thursday, February 5th, from 7:30pm-9:00pm Sign Up!
Swing IV: Swingout Edition — Perfecting some of the million ways to swing out!Our level IV intermediate/advanced Lindy Hop classes are divided into a number of different mini-series. This 4-week course will go in depth into the art of the swingout. You'll work on perfecting the flow and movement of your basic swingout and explore some of the many ways you can swing out. This class will look at ways to do the swingout in different directions, as well as footwork styling variations and more complex swingout-based moves. Pre-requisite: Swing III. You're expected to be comfortable with swingouts but you don't need to be perfect. You'll also need to be comfortable with the material from Swing I/II/III which this class will draw on. $90 for 4 weeks, or $60 for students & seniors.
- 4 weeks, starting Tuesday, February 3rd, from 6:00pm-7:30pm Sign Up!
Jam Crew (By Audition Only)For advanced Lindy Hoppers, Jam Crew isn't a class but rather a special kind of team that combines advanced level training with the opportunity to create, work on your improvisation skills, and even choreograph parts of group jam-style routines. Jam Crew is intended as a combined training intensive and playground for advanced level Lindy Hoppers who have solid dance technique and want to progress further in a group of dancers at a similar level! Pre-requisite: Solid technique, familiarity with all of the content of Swing I/II/III, and social dancing 1-2 times a week. Recommend at least 6 months of Swing IV/V series and/or the Intermediate/Advanced Lindy Hop class. Next audition: January 28th, 2015 Learn more about this Intermediate/Advanced Lindy Hop class.
- Team practices are Wednesdays from 8:30pm-10:10pm. Audition!
- Membership in Jam Crew is $100/month. (Save $20 if you pay before the 1st of the month.) Auditions are just $15!
Request your dream class
Don't see the class you want? Fill out the form below and maybe you'll get your wish!