Welcome to Ottawa's Swing Dance School!
Learn to swing dance in Ottawa - no partner required! Whether you're a complete beginner to swing, or already enjoy Lindy Hop, West Coast Swing, Blues, Balboa and other swing dances, you've found the right place!
- Lindy Hop Assisted Practice April 2nd, 2015— Social dancing with help on hand! [Info]
- Saturday Night Swing April 4th, 2015— Four lessons, two rooms, dancing all night! [Info]
- WCS Assisted Practice April 6th, 2015— Social dancing with help on hand! [Info]
- Lindy Hop Assisted Practice April 9th, 2015— Social dancing with help on hand! [Info]
Beginner Swing Dance Lessons!
Check out our beginner swing dance classes starting soon! You can also see all of these dance classes on our class and event calendar!
West Coast Swing I — Beginner WCS!For beginners, no partner required! West Coast Swing is a modern swing dance that ranges from smooth and sultry to dynamic and exciting. It's danced to contemporary music that you might hear on the radio, including styles ranging from blues to top 40 hits. Check out some West Coast Swing videos. Pre-requisite: None! Beginners welcome! $130 for 6 weeks, or $90 for students & seniors.
- 6 weeks, starting Monday, April 20th, from 6:30pm-8:00pm Sign Up!
Swing I — Beginner Lindy Hop!For complete beginners--no partner required! Swing I covers Lindy Hop, the original swing dance you've seen in movies, still danced around the world. We'll take you from zero to having fun on the dance floor in no time! $130 for 6 weeks, or $90 for students & seniors.
- Spaces available now for men/leaders and couples only! Women who sign up as followers will be added to the waiting list. We recommend ladies sign up for another session instead. 6 weeks, starting Friday, March 27th, from 7:30pm-9:00pm Sign Up!
- 6 weeks, starting Tuesday, April 7th, from 6:30pm-8:00pm Sign Up!
- 6 weeks, starting Wednesday, April 15th, from 6:30pm-8:00pm Sign Up!
Intermediate/Advanced Swing Dance Classes!
Jam Crew (By Audition Only)For advanced Lindy Hoppers, Jam Crew isn't a class but rather a special kind of team that combines advanced level training with the opportunity to create, work on your improvisation skills, and even choreograph parts of group jam-style routines. Jam Crew is intended as a combined training intensive and playground for advanced level Lindy Hoppers who have solid dance technique and want to progress further in a group of dancers at a similar level! Pre-requisite: Solid technique, familiarity with all of the content of Swing I/II/III, and social dancing 1-2 times a week. Recommend at least 6 months of Swing IV/V series and/or the Intermediate/Advanced Lindy Hop class. Next audition: To be announced. Please contact us if you're interested.
- Team practices are Wednesdays from 8:30pm-10:10pm. Audition!
- Membership in Jam Crew is $100/month. (Save $20 if you pay before the 1st of the month.) Auditions are just $15!
Request your dream class
Don't see the class you want? Fill out the form below and maybe you'll get your wish!